- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns*
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 lb. raw medium-sized shrimp, shelled, de-veined and split (tails on or off)**
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Marinate the shrimp:
Mix together the crushed garlic, salt, crushed peppercorns, lemon juice and brandy. Add the shrimp and marinate at least an hour or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Sauté the shrimp:
Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Add shrimp and garlic mixture and cook quickly, tossing shrimp. The longer the shrimp has been marinating, the less time it takes to cook.
Cook until the shrimp has turned opaque (generally only 2-3 minutes).
Garnish with chopped parsley.